2022 Summer <Coding> Camp for Kids
Kids ages 8-14 are invited to participate in a week-long summer camp and learn how to make their own video games!
In one week of camp, students will learn the fundamentals of Video Game production by creating their own 2D game projects. By week’s end, students will have a grasp on programming fundamentals, video game art production, project organization and collaboration, and presentation skills while using Game Maker Studios. Afterward, they can share their project with the world, continue game development at home, or continue their tech education with The Geek Foundation.
What You'll Learn
- How to build your own sidescroller game
- How to build your own top-down game
- How to create a compelling story to go along with your game
- How to create art to bring your game to life
- How to showcase and share your game with others
Available Camp Weeks
- June 20-24 (Ages 8-11)
- July 11-15 (Ages 8-11)
- July 25-29 (Ages 11-14)
Location & Hours
- Held at Contender eSports, 3010 S. National Ave., Springfield
- Drop off: 8:30 a.m.
- Camp hours: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Pick up: 4 p.m.
- Lunch is provided!
- Regular price: $400; Early bird special: $350 (only available until 5 pm Monday, June 6th!)
- First 20 kids registered will get a free pass to the Springfield Discovery Center!
Have questions? For more information, contact Heather Campie - email@example.com.